Ogden Water events 2017
Ogden Water Practical Days:;
Tuesday 19th September
There is always a job or two to do and so we need some help to look after and enhance Ogden Water for visitors and wildlife. Meet Chris Sutcliffe at Ogden Water to help with ongoing management and new projects on the nature reserve.
Session runs 09.45 – 15.00, but if you can only stay half a day that is fine!.
Please contact 0776 995 4956 for more details
Lunch required. Sorry no dogs.
Keighley Road Surgery Health Walks to Ogden Water:
Meet Dennis Bootland and Christine Crompton at 10.00 outside Illingworth Moor Methodist Church for a 4.5-5.5 mile walk to Ogden Water. For more information, please ring 0740 399 2642.
Friday 25th August
Friday 1st September
Friday 8th September
Friday 15th September
Friday 22nd September
Friday 29th September
Saturday 30th September
Willow Bird Feeders
Weave a variety of different feeders made from willow suitable for garden birds, families welcome, contact Joe Gregory for more information or to book on 07588944166 or go to the http://creativewithnature.co.uk/workshops2/ website. Event to be held at Ogden Water Nature Reserve, Halifax, HX2 8YA. £25 charge. Event runs from 13.00 – 15.00.
Sorry no dogs
- Dress appropriately for the activity. Walkers need boots,
warm clothing and waterproofs, except for in summer when, boots/stout
shoes and waterproofs should suffice.
- Jeans are unsuitable for walking unless you bring waterproofs.
- No booking is required unless stated in the programme.
- We would prefer you to leave your dog at home. If you do bring it
please keep it on a lead at all times. Please note that Open
Access land may have restrictions on dogs at certain times of the year,
which may not be in force at the time of going to press. Please also
note that some landowners have banned dogs from Open Access land permanently
(for example Walshaw Dean Estate and Manshead Hill). Where dogs are
allowed on Access land, they must be kept on a lead at all times. If
in doubt, please leave your pet at home for the walk.
- No unaccompanied children under 16.
- Check bus times for 'bus walks' and bring change for the fare.
- The pace of our walks is relatively slow. If anyone gets ahead
of the leader then we will assume that they have left the walk.
- Walks are circular unless otherwise stated.
- We would prefer it if you refrained from smoking whilst attending
countryside walks and activities.
August 24, 2017